Due to the salt our vehicles are exposed to during the winter here are some issues.
How to make your brakes last longer in Pennsylvania:
- Inside of the brake rotor (see the picture) will rust faster than the outside, because it is not vented when vehicle sits a lot. Drive it more and use undercarriage wash often to help prevent this problem.
- Brake pads get stuck in the brackets and wear prematurely – this is caused by corrosion and rust build up between your brake pad and the bracket it sits in, which suppose to move free.
- Replace your brakes by a professional. During a brake job all metal to metal contact points needs to be leaned and lubricated – this will prolong the life of your brakes.
- Properly torqued lug nuts will not warp your brake rotors – yes that happens more and more because shops do not use proper techniques.
- We are your professional brake installer and more.